The College of Optometrists portal provides members with a single sign-on procedure, allowing them to switch between the main and guidance sites, without the need to repeatedly log in. All the guidance is gathered into one dedicated area, dramatically reducing the time needed to find vital information. Where users once had a seven click journey, this is now achieved within two or three.
The display of search results is now more comprehensive. Each result now has a section heading along with the URL path and a section of content showing the search term highlighted within it.
By embedding data previously contained in Word documents in a structured HTML format, the search facility has been transformed. Results can now be ordered by relevancy offering far more accurate data.
The design of the portal allows the bespoke creation of dynamic PDFs according to areas of interest, so relevant up to date information can be found quickly and downloaded easily. Members can download the whole guidance or just the relevant sections they need. There is also a web App available, so members can carry guidance with them on their phones and tablets.
Summary of features and benefits
- Members now benefit from a single sign-on procedure, allowing them to switch between main and guidance sites.
- Ability to search quickly for relevant guidance information.
- Bespoke creation of PDFs according to a member’s area of interest.
- Offline access to guidance information via a web App.
- Promotes and develops membership engagement.
- Fully content managed, allowing administrators to manage and support all aspects of the website.