We are committed to providing accessible digital services for everyone. Our website is one of our main communication tools for connecting us with clients both old and new as well as being a showcase for our work. We want to ensure that everyone can use it.
Communication technologies are developing and changing at a fast pace, we are committed to the following broad principles with our digital communications via the web:
- Following standards: Our website should comply with accessibility standards in commissioning, editorial, design and coding. These standards include the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative.
- Ensure that it is designed for use with assistive technologies: our online media work well with technologies such as software page readers.
- Testing: we have undertaken User Acceptance Testing prior to launch and will continue to work with real users with different needs to ensure that any problems are identified and solutions developed to solve them.
- Innovating: constantly looking for innovative and new ways of making online media accessible.
The accessibility guidelines we are committed to include:
- Using an easy to read web font type.
- Ability for users to control text sizes via browser.
- Ensuring suitable foreground and background colour contrast on text
- Using clear and simple grammar.
- Providing meaningful alternative text equivalents for pictures.
- Providing a straight forward and consistent site navigation.
- Ensuring the target of each link is clearly defined.
- Providing a sitemap.
- Using appropriate structural mark-up to maximise browser support.
- Ensuring all content and functionality is available to users without content style sheet (CSS), image and script support.
Although we are testing this site on an ongoing basis, it is your user experience which counts.
You can contact us to report areas of difficulty or if you would like to comment generally.
For more information and advice about acccesibility please contact us on 01787 319 393